Monday, September 17, 2012

Final: My Own Argument & Opinion

I would have to say that there is way more I agree with, than disagree in dealing with these rulings and these laws. I think that the law with copyrights and trademark is overlooked upon. Most people dont understand these rulings. Which is more than likely why there are many that end up getting sued or are facing payment fines. I like the fact that (when an author independently creates a work, it is then considered original, even though it may be highly simular to another work created by someone else). Photography is over rated and anybody can take photos and then call themselves a photographer. I have many photos that may look slightly simular to someone else's but all in all, my images are different, in my own creative way. Copyright law is very important when it comes to photography and someones work (images). Its nice to know that your work is protected by these laws and that you are able to take action when it comes to theft of anything that copyrighted as your own. (Infringement action, a lawsuit brought against someone who uses a copyrighted expression without any permission). I understand so much more about copyrights now than I did before and I know that if I ever come into any trouble with any of my copyrighted work, I know that the first thing to do is hire a lawyer. They know the law way more than I do and they will know the proper actions to take if anything goes wrong with my copyrights or if any of my images are stolen. I pretty much over all agree with these rulings, I thought there may be some I disagree with, but I totally agree with all copyright laws. I like the fact that someone can be sued for stealing someones art that is not theirs (The copyright owner controls the use of the work, and any person who uses it without proper "permission" could be sued for financial damages. The main reasoning to acquire permission is to avoid a lawsuit).

No comments:

Post a Comment